May 16, 2008

Origami


Today, I went to a public library near my apartment.
I went by train. This is a picture from it.
There I read some guide books about U.S. and some books of Origami.
When I go to U.S., I want to bring some japanese papers for origami to give them as a little gift for who I meet.
So I wanted to practice some patterns of origami. I fotocopied some pages and now, I made some.

This is a lotus bloom. It was difficult to make the shape, so the bottom of it, I broke... I have to practice more about this.


This is a cat's face, actually, it's a box.

This is also a box. It's simple, but to make this, I had to hold on many many times. I can put some small gift in it. I'm thinking of put some items I made and list up on my etsy shop.

These are like japanese kimono, it's a cloth that people wear at the festival. I made them from one square paper.

When I went to Italy, I made many origami to whom I met there. And some of them, made for me their origami. We enjoyed that change of origami really much.

I wish I could make origami for somebody and they like it.

Here are some photos of cats that I met today.
They were at the top of the bank very high. They seemed to be relaxed.

She( or He) is the poster girl of this loto shop. We couldn't see any persons except her. She sells a loto?

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Your oragami is wonderful! I know the people you present tham to in the US will be enchanted by them.

Anonymous said...

That lotus does look difficult, but lotus is my favorite flower so I want to learn how to make that. I sometimes try origami as well. Good job!

KC and the Giggleman Kitties said...

The origami is beautiful. You are very good at it. The lotus looks quite complex.
I would also like to try origami, but something very simple.
ML

Clare said...

Oooh the lotus flower looks amazing! I like the kimono ones too. The only thing I can fold is a funny looking hat...
Hehe the cats peeking over the roof are so cute!

mairuru said...

Hi Everyone,
Thank you for your comments.
The lotus is not so complicated. So Next time, I'll try to explain the how to.
Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Can you show us how you made the kimono or tell us where to find directions on how to make it? I really love it.

mairuru said...

Hello Veronica,
I'll tell you as soon as possible. Wait for a while.
Thank you!

Anonymous said...

I haven't tried my hand at origami. Recently I was at a Japanese 'Daiso' store. It's new in my country, Malaysia. Found some origami papers there. When I find the time, will try origami with my children, during the school holidays
Yours with cloth is very good
Mena