Jul 30, 2009

How to make a tetra charm

As I wrote the previous post, I write here how to make a tetra charm.
You need only a piece of rectangle, stuffing and a piece of tape or string.
Petit gift for customers, tetra charm
I made in two sizes. The one is from 7cm x 3.5 cm rectangle, and the smaller one is from 5cm x 2.5 cm rectangle. They both includes allowances of 3mm.

Tetra charm
The bigger ones are what I post yesterday, and the smaller ones are these.
I made a bracelet with these smaller tetras.
Tetra bracelet

How to make a tetra charm 1
These are cut pieces, 5cm x 2.5 cm.

How to make a tetra charm 2
At first, fold the allowance of a longer side like the picture. This edge is what you sew at last.
How to make a tetra charm 3
Then, fold it in two and sew like the picture.

How to make a tetra charm 4
Open the allowance and fold it like the picture, and sew the not folded edge.
How to make a tetra charm 5

How to make a tetra charm 6
Turn it out.

How to make a tetra charm 7
Put the stuffing making the tetra shape(The edge of both sides intersect one another).

How to make a tetra charm 8
Then, sew the folded edge using blind stitch, putting a string on the top.

How to make a tetra charm 9
Finished!

Tetra bracelet
I put them on the linen code and made a bracelet.
It closes with a loop and a tetra (* v *).
Tetra bracelet

By the way,,,
Today I got another bread crust from other bakery. They gave me without any charge (* v *)!!!!!
Bread crust pizza

17 comments:

Ani Castillo said...

too cute! and tiny!

you know? I was trying to make that blind stitch but I couldnt find any good tutorial or video on the internet :(

but it really makes your little stuffed things look extremely cute and professional hehehe

Hugs Mairuru! I love the colors you use and everything you make *_*

Anonymous said...

Mairuru!
Thank you so much for all your tutorials! Your works are adorable, I love visiting your blog and looking at your cute things! You rule!

Sam said...

Your little tetras are darling! And you certainly make great use of those bread crusts... that looks so good!

julie said...

Mairuru!
They are the cutest little charms I have ever seen. You are so clever.

jojoebi-designs said...

thanks for sharing - very cute!

AnaMaria said...

I really like the little tetras, the bracelt is very cute. The bread crust looks very yummy. I see tomatoes, bell peppers, what else did you put on it.
My friend loves bracelts i'm going to make her one.
Thank you so very much

Anonymous said...

I just love your blog - thankyou for being so generous and sharing your patterns with us. Terri

Anonymous said...

Mena here. I never miss your blogs and always look out for new things you churn out. By reading all the comments, I can see that you're pretty popular. Keep up the good work. You inspire me, Mai ;>)

Kyoko said...

Just pretty, too pretty~~~~ (>_<)!!

Anne said...

Your projects are always so very pretty!!! I posted a link to your tutorial on Craft Gossip Sewing:
http://sewing.craftgossip.com/tutorial-tiny-fabric-tetra-charms/2009/08/01/
--Anne

mairuru said...

Thank you very much everyone! I liked the shape and now making a new drawstring bag with them. (* v *)

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

Aww, that is darling, I love it! I'll be linking.

Anonymous said...

I love the tetra charm so much. Please teach us how to sew by hand. It is very convenient for traveling!

suee said...

thanks for the great tutorial! i tried it yesterday! loved the result!

www.malaga-3d.com said...

I believe one and all must glance at it.

Wendy said...

Love the tetra bracelet. But I can’t seem to get the shape right, I must be sewing something wrong.

healthybodieshappylife said...

These are so cute. But you don't seem to have your blog anymore.