Dec 15, 2009

My new way to make a handle

I'm thinking of making new pouches for my shop.
And I tried to make a new style of handle.
My new handles
I used the cotton strips what I made before. It was too easy...

My way to make a handle 1
I prepared only a piece of cotton cord and some kinds of cotton strips.

My way to make a handle 2
I folded the cord in half and wrap it with a cotton strip leaving 1 inch.

My way to make a handle 3
I changed the color at a point. I didn't sew at all, just covered on the previous strip and went back a little.

My way to make a handle 4
I sewed only the end. That's all!
My new handles
I'll sew this end on my new pouch and put a button on the pouch and use the loop with it(Could I explain well ... ??????).

My new handles
I also made these two for a bag. I'll put them with buttons. For them, I doubled the cotton cord.

Next time, I'll show you my new pouches (* v *)!!!!

Have a good day!

21 comments:

Constanze said...

Good idea! I'm alays looking for new ideas to attach handles.

Anonymous said...

cute cute cute!

venus said...

very clever! I love it! Mai, I mentioned you in my blog about your stamp tutorial. Please check it out!

CLF said...

Very cute, Mai! I think the word you want to use here is CORD, not code. :)

helena said...

very good idea.

Lady Caroline said...

I like it, I´ll try to do it!

Mom Wald said...

I can't wait to see the bags. This is great!

Anonymous said...

You are so clever, Mai! I am so glad I found your blog.

jacqueline said...

Oh dear sweet Mai, i LOVE this idea...thanks so much for your wonderful tutorial! Have a lovely merry happy day and love to yoU!

Unknown said...

I like your work too. Beauty with love to share together in the thick ...

Unknown said...

Very pretty and functional bag handles. I also enjoyed the hana coaster tutorial, and all other tutes, too! I like your work very much and I've listed your blog on my favorite blog roll.これからもブログ更新楽しみにさせて下さいね♪

Miss Pelicano said...

As usual, so simple but so beautiful! And functional! Love all your ideas. Will try this one day!
Barbara

mairuru said...

Hello CLF,
Thank you very much! I corrected them. Arigato (* v *)!!!!

Anne said...

Absolutely lovely, as usual!! I linked to your tutorial on Craft Gossip Sewing:
http://sewing.craftgossip.com/tutorial-fabric-wrapped-removable-pouch-handles/2009/12/17/

--Anne

dthneece said...

You are so clever! Thank you for the excellent tutorial!

muebles madrid said...

Goodness, there is a lot of worthwhile info above!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

It is very nice post,i like it.thanks for shear this. We will help you to protect your family from insects and animals. They are the cause of serious illness, so remove them.. there are an
institution pest control denver .