Sep 9, 2009

Bo-chan, Lecien fabrics and leather pieces

Bo-chan
I went to see Bo-chan today.
But he was in the house, and seemed very sleepy.
I sang a song for him (* v *)!!!!!

When I came back home, I saw to packages arrived.
One is leather pieces. I wanted to make leather straps for my new pouches, and got this pack and some tools.
Leathr pieces

They are approx. 9 inches square, and costed only 10 dollars for all.

Leather
I also got a rotary cutter knife and cut the leather in strip using it.
It was so easy to cut! I wanted to get the rotary cutter knife and try it to cut bias tapes. I also tried to cut fabrics in bias and it came out very well! I should have got it earlier...

I'm enjoying to try new things.

Fabrics
And the second package includes lots of Lecien fabrics.
Most of them are of Lecien. There was a sale in a Japanese online shop, and they were quite cheap.

Now I'm making the tutorial of my leather strap pouches. Please wait for a while.

Arigato (* v *)!!!!

15 comments:

Corvus said...

I've really been wanting to try leather myself lately. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

inci said...

I'm waiting impatiently what you're gonna come up with the leather straps!! Especially when I think about you hand sewing!

Donna said...

What beautiful fabric! What is the name of the online store? Even if I can't order anything, I'd love just looking through their selections.

Laura Laurent said...

I can't wait to try your tutorial for the pouches! I mostly make stuffed animals but I'd like to try bags too :)

fleur said...

It's beautiful, as all your blog ;-)

MacBerger said...

Really enjoying the things we got from you in our Etsy order. I have gotten my little daughter making the tiny dolls and she is so proud of herself. Thanks for sharing your ideas.

Anonymous said...

Wow, beautiful, Mai
I like the way you discover new things to do/make
Your love for Bo-Chan is catching on ... to me !

Mena :)

Grace said...

Wow... love the fabric! Can you share the online store link?

And I LOVE Bo-Chan... he is so handsome. Love love love him so much! Please take more photos of him. I wish I can hug him *HUGS*

Nina said...

Aw, Bo-chan reminds me of the two friends I made over this summer! <3

mairuru said...

Hello everyone,
Thank you very much for your all comments!
I'm happy to read your words.

The shop from which I got some Lecien is a very small shop.
http://handmade-bbd.shop-pro.jp/
And it's written in Japanese only and they didn't write if they could ship abroad.

Thank you!

jacqueline said...

I love Lecien fabrics! I only have a few of Lecien fabrics and would love to get my hands on more. Thanks for the link to the shop you bought your lovely fabrics. Oh im soooo excited about your tutorial of my leather strap pouches! Have a lovely merry happy day and love to you!

Renee said...

Mai, I couldn't find an e-mail for you. Can you show me how to make a new tie for a little boys kimono? My Dad passed down his kimono that he and his 3 brothers wore when they were toddlers. My grandma made it. I mended the holes in the seam but the tie is missing and I'm not sure what type of type it is supposed to have. Maybe I should post a picture on my blog.

Jo said...

Hi Mairuru,

I love your work.. stumbled upon your website by accident. I've tried one of your projects, loved it! You have a nice collection of projects, 頑張ってね!(I am learning Japanese ^^)

Oh, and I hope you don't mind me linking to your website/project><

Barclaycard said...

The concept caters to the questionable tendency of mainstream capital markets to abstract everything to the point that it is no longer positioned in a real.

Minerva said...

Hello Mai,
I love your blog. I'll love make your pouches, Franky and some cats...Could you please help me? or share a tutorial with your followners? Thank you very much and congratulations for your excellent work and sweet family. From Canary Islands.
Minerva.